Linseed Oil Interior/Exterior
Download complete Linseed painting
instructions and FAQs
Coverage: The coverage for Linus
interior Linseed Oil Paint is approximately 75 to 108 square feet
- Protect all edges with masking tape. This is particularly important
if you plan to paint with a structure roller. The roller must
get as close to the edge as possible
- Stir the paints thoroughly. Use a whisk
- Test paint to see that you get the required structure. Dilute
with at most 5% water if you want a thinner paint and smoother
structure. Yarn rollers are most suitable for uneven surface.
Felt rollers give a smoother surface, but also requires a more
even surface. For extra structure use a structure roller. On some
surface the paint may run somewhat, but just keep on painting.
Wait an hour or so and roll again or let the paint dry completely,
paint a second time as usual
- Paint the edges of the wall first. After that roll or brush
the whole wall. Paint in strokes of at most 1 m at a time. Continue
on the next wall. The paints set fairly fast, so it is good if
the room is cool while you are painting. Make sure you have plenty
of paint on the roller/brush
- Let the paint dry for about 24 hours and then give it another
coat. The first coat may look rather uneven, but this disappears
with the second coat. Wash and dry the roller between coats
- Wipe away paint that has come outside the masking tape and coverings.
The paint is easy to wipe off while wet, but is almost impossible
to remove once it has set. Remove the tape within three days.
- Scrape paint down from the top rim of the tin and even out the
surface to avoid getting dry remains of paint in the remaining
paint. Store in a frost-free place
To clean, wash rollers and brushes in a bucket with our Linseed
Oil Soap and water. Avoid pouring this out directly into
the drains. Rinse the rollers in a bucket in the sink. Let the
bucket with the dirty water stand so that the paint remains
sink to the bottom. Drain off the water and throw the paint
remains into the garbage. The painted surface can be washed
with our Linseed Oil Soap and water as well.